Blood Pressure Home > Diovan HCT Overdose
As with any medication, it is possible to overdose on Diovan HCT. Symptoms of a Diovan HCT overdose can include dizziness, a decrease in urine output, and vomiting, among other things. If you began treatment with Diovan HCT and overdosed, and/or believe you may have overdosed, seek medical attention immediately. If the overdose was recent, treatment may involve pumping the stomach. However, there is no readily available treatment that can remove Diovan quickly once it has been absorbed into the body. In these cases, the healthcare provider will usually treat the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Diovan HCT Overdose: An OverviewDiovan HCT® (valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide) is a medication used to control high blood pressure (hypertension). Although it is rare, a person can overdose on Diovan HCT just like any other medicine. The effects of a Diovan HCT overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Diovan HCT was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Diovan HCT, seek medical attention immediately.
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Electrolyte imbalance (decreased levels of potassium, sodium (salt), or chloride in the blood)
- Kidney failure.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- A decrease in urine output
- Drowsiness, headache, or back pain
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of consciousness.