Blood Pressure Home > Diovan HCT Dosage
For most people with high blood pressure, the recommended starting Diovan HCT dosage is 160 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Diovan HCT dose based on the blood pressure response and/or any Diovan HCT side effects. With each change in dosage, it may take up to one month to see the full effects of Diovan HCT. Among the factors that can affect Diovan HCT dosing are how you respond to Diovan HCT, other medical conditions you may have, and other medications you may be currently taking.
Diovan HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Diovan HCT® (valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Diovan HCT.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Diovan HCT Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dosage of Diovan HCT for most people with high blood pressure (hypertension) is Diovan HCT 160 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Based on the blood pressure response and/or Diovan HCT side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take up to one month to see the full effects of Diovan HCT on lowering blood pressure.
- Your Diovan HCT dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Diovan HCT may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Diovan HCT at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Diovan HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Diovan HCT will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Diovan HCT as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Diovan HCT or your Diovan HCT dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Diovan HCT without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.