Blood Pressure Home > Dilacor
When and How to Take Dilacor XRSome general considerations for when and how to take Dilacor XR include the following:
- Dilacor XR comes in the form of a capsule and is taken by mouth once a day.
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach.
- The capsules are extended-release and should not be broken, chewed, or crushed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- Dilacor XR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Dilacor XR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Dilacor XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
Possible Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects can occur with Dilacor XR. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- An irritated or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms (such as fever and chills)
- Swelling or water retention, especially in the hands, feet, or lower legs
- Muscle pain
- Back pain