Blood Pressure Home > Cozaar Side Effects
Some side effects with Cozaar are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Unexplained swelling of the head or neck (including the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Decreases in the amount of urine produced.
Rare Cozaar side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people. Given how uncommon they are, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Depression (see Cozaar and Depression)
- Panic disorder
- Spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Allergic reaction
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss (see Cozaar and Hair Loss)
- Impotence (see Cozaar Sexual Side Effects)
- Decreased sex drive (libido)
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis).
You may experience some or none of the Cozaar side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Cozaar, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.