Blood Pressure Home > Catapres Warnings and Precautions
Before you start taking Catapres, precautions and warnings for the drug should be reviewed with your healthcare provider. It is important to let your healthcare provider know if you have heart disease, an irregular heart rhythm, or kidney disease before using the medication. Catapres may cause problems in people with these conditions and should be used with caution.
- Heart disease, especially chest pain (angina) or a recent heart attack
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A history of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- An upcoming surgery
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant