Blood Pressure Home > Bystolic Warnings and Precautions
If you have diabetes, asthma, or hyperthyroidism, let your healthcare provider know before you start taking Bystolic. Warnings and precautions for the drug should also be discussed with your healthcare provider beforehand so you know what side effects to look out for. You should not take Bystolic if you have sick sinus syndrome, severe liver disease, or severe bradycardia.
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- A recent history of heart attack
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Have an upcoming surgery
- A pheochromocytoma
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.