Blood Pressure Home > Bystolic
- Bystolic comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with a meal or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- You can take Bystolic at any time of the day. However, it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Bystolic will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, this medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.