Blood Pressure Home > Brevibloc
Brevibloc is a prescription drug approved for the treatment of certain irregular heart rhythms in emergency situations. It can also be used to treat high blood pressure or a rapid heart rate during or after a surgery. The medicine is only used as a temporary treatment and is given by IV. Potential side effects include nausea, dizziness, and drowsiness.
- Certain irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias) in emergency situations
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or high blood pressure (hypertension) during or after surgery.
- Increased force with which the heart pumps blood
- Increased heart rate
- Higher blood pressure (both systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure)
- Constricted blood vessels.