Blood Pressure Home > Benicar HCT Dosage
Initially, the typical Benicar HCT dosage is 20 mg/12.5 mg a day for high blood pressure. The exact dosage will depend on other medical conditions you have, other medications you are taking, and whether there are side effects. Your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Benicar HCT dosage accordingly. Take the medication exactly as prescribed, and talk with your doctor if you are unsure about your dosing requirements.
Benicar HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Benicar HCT® (olmesartan medoxomil hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking
- How you respond to Benicar HCT.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Benicar HCT Dosage for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dosage of Benicar HCT for most people with high blood pressure (hypertension) is 20 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Based on the blood pressure response and/or Benicar HCT side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Benicar HCT on blood pressure.
- Your Benicar HCT dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Benicar HCT may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Benicar HCT at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Benicar HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Benicar HCT will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Benicar HCT as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Benicar HCT or your Benicar HCT dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Benicar HCT without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.