Blood Pressure Home > AZOR
Effects of AZORStudies have shown that AZOR works better at lowering blood pressure, compared to the individual components (amlodipine and olmesartan) taken separately. As would be expected, higher doses lowered blood pressure more than lower doses.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take AZOR include the following:
- AZOR comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If AZOR bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to take your dose at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. AZOR will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of AZOR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of AZORAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with AZOR. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Swelling or water retention