Blood Pressure Home > AZOR Dosage
The AZOR dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary from person to person. Some of the factors that may affect your AZOR dosage include other medical conditions you have, other medications you are taking, and how you respond to AZOR. If you are already taking one or both of the components of AZOR, your healthcare provider will most likely start you on a similar strength of AZOR.
AZOR Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of AZOR™ (amlodipine and olmesartan) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to AZOR
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your AZOR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
There are many different strengths of AZOR, and the dosage must be individualized and adjusted for each person. AZOR contains two medications, amlodipine (Norvasc®) and olmesartan (Benicar®). If you have been taking one or both of the components of AZOR, you will most likely be started on a similar strength of AZOR.
Your healthcare provider may increase your dose as necessary (but not more frequently than every two weeks, as it can take that long to see the full effects of AZOR on blood pressure).
If you have not been taking either component of AZOR, the starting recommended dosage is AZOR 5/20 mg once daily. If needed, your healthcare provider may increase your dose as necessary every one or two weeks, up to a maximum AZOR dosage of 10/40 mg once daily.
- AZOR comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- It does not matter if you take AZOR with or without food. If AZOR bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to take AZOR at the same time each day in order to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. AZOR will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your AZOR dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.