Blood Pressure Home > Avalide
What If I Overdose on Avalide?As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Avalide. People who take too much of this medication may experience:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia) or slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low levels of blood electrolytes, such as sodium, potassium, and chloride.
How Should This Medicine Be Stored?Avalide should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Forget a Dose of Avalide?If you forget to take your Avalide dose, just take it as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Available StrengthsAvalide tablets come in the following strengths:
- Avalide 150/12.5 mg -- 150 mg of irbesartan and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
- Avalide 300/12.5 mg -- 300 mg of irbesartan and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide.