Blood Pressure Home > Avalide
Side Effects of AvalideJust like any medicine, Avalide can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Muscle and joint pain
- Nausea and vomiting.
Drug InteractionsAvalide may react with a number of other medicines (see Avalide Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Avalide if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart problems, such as congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- A history of electrolyte problems, such as high or low blood sodium or potassium levels
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Increased activity of the parathyroid gland
- Problems producing urine
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Avalide and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Avalide and Breastfeeding).