Blood Pressure Home > Avalide
Clinical Effects of AvalideIn clinical studies, people who received Avalide had a greater decrease in blood pressure than people who received either irbesartan or HCTZ alone. In addition, treatment with Avalide resulted in faster blood pressure control than treatment with either of the individual components of Avalide. The maximum effects of Avalide at lowering blood pressure were seen after seven weeks of treatment.
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Avalide include the following:
- Avalide comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take it at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- Avalide tablets can be taken with or without food. Try taking your medication with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- For this medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.