Blood Pressure Home > Atenolol and Weight Gain
If you are noticing a gradual weight gain with atenolol, there are some things that you can do. Some suggestions include:
- Eating a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Limited amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Participating in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limiting your intake of alcohol.
Also talk with your healthcare provider if you are noticing weight gain with atenolol. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with this. If the weight gain continues, he or she may also recommend other lifestyle choices or possibly switching to another medicine.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)