Blood Pressure Home > Atacand HCT Warnings and Precautions
Some Atacand HCT warnings and precautions include being aware of certain drug interactions, watching for extremely low blood pressure, and avoiding Atacand HCT while pregnant. There are several situations where Atacand HCT should not be taken, such as if you have severe kidney disease or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs. Before taking Atacand HCT, you should talk to your healthcare provider about any warnings and precautions that may apply to you.
Atacand HCT: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider before taking Atacand HCT® (candesartan cilexetil-hydrochlorothiazide) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.