Blood Pressure Home > Atacand HCT
EffectivenessA blood pressure reading consists of two numbers -- for example: 120/80. The top number is known as the systolic blood pressure, and the bottom number is the diastolic blood pressure. During clinical studies in people taking Atacand HCT, systolic blood pressure (the top number) decreased by 14 to 18 mmHg, on average. Diastolic blood pressure (the bottom number) decreased by 9 to 11 mmHg, on average.
When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations to keep in mind when taking this drug include the following:
- Atacand HCT comes in tablet form. It is generally taken once a day.
- It may be taken with or without food.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- For Atacand HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Atacand HCT DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Atacand HCT.