Blood Pressure Home > Atacand HCT Dosage
The Atacand HCT dose your healthcare provider prescribes will depend on several factors, including other medical conditions you may have, current medications, and how you respond to Atacand HCT. The recommended starting Atacand HCT dosage for most people with high blood pressure is Atacand HCT 16 mg/12.5 mg once a day. It may take several weeks to see the full effects of this drug on lowering blood pressure, at which point your healthcare provider may choose to increase or decrease your dose of Atacand HCT.
Atacand HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Atacand HCT® (candesartan cilexetil-hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Atacand HCT.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Atacand HCT Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dosage of Atacand HCT for most people with high blood pressure (hypertension) is Atacand HCT 16 mg/12.5 mg once a day. Based on the blood pressure response and/or Atacand HCT side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Atacand HCT on lowering blood pressure.
If you have moderate to severe liver disease (including cirrhosis), your healthcare provider may choose to start with a lower dose of Atacand HCT and will monitor your situation more closely, or may recommend another blood pressure medicine altogether.
- Your Atacand HCT dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Atacand HCT may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Atacand HCT at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Atacand HCT to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Atacand HCT will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Atacand HCT as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Atacand HCT or your Atacand HCT dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Atacand HCT without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.