Blood Pressure Home > Adalat Dosage
In order for Adalat CC to work properly, you must take it as prescribed. For people with high blood pressure, the recommended starting Adalat CC dosage is 30 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose if necessary, up to a maximum dose of 90 mg once daily. Some factors that can affect Adalat CC dosing include other medications you are taking and other medical conditions you may have.
Adalat Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Adalat CC® (nifedipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Adalat CC dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Adalat Dosing for HypertensionThe recommended starting Adalat CC dose for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) is Adalat CC 30 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Adalat CC 90 mg once daily).
Two Adalat CC 30 mg tablets can be substituted for one Adalat CC 60 mg tablet. However, three Adalat CC 30 mg tablets cannot be substituted for one Adalat CC 90 mg tablet. In studies, people who took three 30 mg tablets had higher blood levels of Adalat CC compared to people who took one 90 mg tablet.
- Adalat CC comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Adalat CC should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because Adalat CC tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Adalat CC tablets whole.
- Adalat CC should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Adalat CC to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Adalat CC will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Adalat CC or your Adalat CC dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.