Blood Pressure Home > Accuretic Overdose
An Accuretic overdose can potentially lead to dehydration, extreme low blood pressure, or kidney failure. Seek medical attention immediately if you take too much Accuretic and experience symptoms such as dry mouth, tiredness, or slow or irregular heartbeat. Treatment for an Accuretic overdose may include certain medicines, "pumping the stomach," dialysis, or supportive care.
Accuretic® (quinapril HCL-hydrochlorothiazide) is a medication used for controlling high blood pressure. Although it occurs rarely, a person can overdose on Accuretic just like any other medication. Accuretic overdose effects will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Accuretic was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Accuretic, seek medical attention immediately.
The effects of an Accuretic overdose may include:
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Electrolyte imbalance (decreased levels of potassium, sodium [salt], or chloride in the blood)
- Kidney failure.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Decrease in urine output
- Drowsiness, headache, or back pain
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of consciousness.