Blood Pressure Home > Accuretic Dosage
For the treatment of high blood pressure with Accuretic, dosage recommendations typically range from 10 mg/12.5 mg to 20 mg/25 mg once a day. Depending on your response to the medication or if side effects occur, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Accuretic dosage accordingly.
The dose of Accuretic® (quinapril HCL-hydrochlorothiazide) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Accuretic.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dosage of Accuretic for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between Accuretic 10 mg/12.5 mg and Accuretic 20 mg/25 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or Accuretic side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of Accuretic on lowering blood pressure.
Some considerations for people taking Accuretic include:
- Your Accuretic dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Accuretic may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Accuretic at the same time each day to maintain even levels of medicine in the blood.
- For Accuretic to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Accuretic will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take your Accuretic as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Accuretic or your Accuretic dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Accuretic without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.