Lotrel Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of Lotrel®
hydrochloride and amlodipine
besylate) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Lotrel.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
General Lotrel Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Lotrel include:
- Your Lotrel dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Lotrel may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Lotrel at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For Lotrel to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Lotrel will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Lotrel as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Lotrel or your Lotrel dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Lotrel without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.