- Lasix comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day, although it may be taken several times a day in certain circumstances.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Lasix should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood. However, some people do not need to take it every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because it increases urination, it's best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night). If you take it multiple times per day, it's best to take the last dose of the day before 6 p.m. (unless you are instructed otherwise).
- For it to work properly, you must take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Lasix.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Lasix Dosage for more information.)