The Hyzaar dose a healthcare provider will prescribe depends on other medical conditions you may have, other medications you may currently be taking, and how well you respond to Hyzaar. The usual recommended Hyzaar dosage for adults with high blood pressure will vary between Hyzaar 50 mg/12.5 mg and Hyzaar 100 mg/25 mg. It may take up to a month before the full effects of Hyzaar can be measured, at which time your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your Hyzaar dosage.
Hyzaar Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Hyzaar® (losartan potassium-hydrochlorothiazide) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Hyzaar.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Hyzaar Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended dosage of Hyzaar for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between Hyzaar 50 mg/12.5 mg and Hyzaar 100 mg/25 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or Hyzaar side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take up to a month to see the full effects of Hyzaar on lowering blood pressure.
- Your Hyzaar dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Hyzaar may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Hyzaar at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Hyzaar to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Hyzaar will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Hyzaar as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Hyzaar or your Hyzaar dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Hyzaar without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.