Serious Exforge Side Effects
Some side effects with Exforge
, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting
- Severe swelling and water retention
- Rapid weight gain
- Depression (see Exforge and Depression)
- High potassium levels in the blood (see Exforge and High Potassium)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.
Rare Problems With Exforge
There are other possible Exforge side effects that can occur. These rare side effects occur in less than 2 percent of people. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether the side effect is actually caused by Exforge alone or other factors.
Some of these rare Exforge side effects include, but are not limited to: