Coreg Precautions and Warnings
Before starting treatment with Coreg, warnings and precautions for the drug should be fully understood. Several side effects may occur with the medicine, including extreme low blood pressure, slow heart rate, or low blood sugar. Precautions and warnings also extend to people who have serious liver disease, asthma or other breathing problems, sick sinus syndrome, or certain types of irregular heart rhythms.
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure, a history of heart attack, irregular heart rhythm, or variant angina (also known as Prinzmetal's angina)
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Raynaud's phenomenon or other circulation problems
- A blood vessel disease
- Any allergies, including allergies to other beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Coreg and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Coreg and Breastfeeding)
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.
Tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines that you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, antacids, vitamins, and herbal supplements.