Cardizem CD Side Effects
Side Effects to Report
Some side effects with Cardizem CD, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Depression (see Cardizem CD and Depression)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Cardizem CD Side Effects
Rare Cardizem CD side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. However, it is difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by the medication itself or other factors.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face)
- Abnormal dreams
- Memory loss (amnesia)
- Dry mouth (see Cardizem CD and Dry Mouth)
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Loss of appetite
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Taste changes
- Weight gain (see Cardizem CD Weight Gain)
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Cardizem CD and Impotence).