Bisoprolol and Hydrochlorothiazide
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking bisoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart failure
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Parathyroid problems
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE)
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- An upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Ziac and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Ziac and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Bisoprolol and Hydrochlorothiazide to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)