(Click Benicar Drug Interactions for more information.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Benicar and Pregnancy)
- On dialysis
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
If you are taking Benicar, do not take any salt substitutes containing potassium or potassium supplements without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.
(Click Benicar Precautions and Warnings for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take the drug.)
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much of this medication may have overdose symptoms that can include an extremely low blood pressure or increased heart rate.
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Benicar Overdose for more information.)