When and How Do I Take Benicar?Some general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Benicar comes in tablet form. It is taken once a day.
- It may be taken with or without food.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to Benicar.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Benicar Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of BenicarAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug quite well. If side effects do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
During clinical trials, the most common side effect observed was dizziness when compared to those who did not take the drug. No other side effects occurred in more than 1 percent of people.
(Click Benicar Side Effects to learn about the specific side effects of the drug, including serious side effects to look for.)
You can also read about other possible side effects by going to: