Benicar HCT Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome reaction to Benicar HCT, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Unexplained swelling of the head or neck (including the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Severe, chronic diarrhea (which may even be severe enough to cause substantial weight loss)
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Eye pain or changes in vision
- Decrease in the amount of urine produced
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Weak or irregular heartbeat.
Rare Side Effects of Benicar HCTRare side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people taking Benicar HCT. Because these problems are so uncommon, it can be difficult to tell whether they are due to the medication or something else.
Some of these rare reactions include but are not limited to:
- Pancreatitis (inflamed pancreas)
- Kidney failure
- Blurred vision
- Hair loss (see Benicar and Hair Loss)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis).
Final Thoughts on Benicar HCT Side Effects
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects during treatment. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Benicar HCT, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.