Benicar HCT Precautions and Warnings
Benicar HCT precautions and warnings to be aware of before taking the medication, include possible drug interactions, decreases in kidney function, and allergic reactions. Prior to taking the drug, talk to your healthcare provider about any conditions you may have, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, or allergies. Benicar HCT precautions and warnings also extend to people with liver or kidney disease, as well as women who are pregnant or nursing.
Benicar HCT: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Benicar HCT® (olmesartan medoxomil hydrochlorothiazide) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- High cholesterol
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, sulfa drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are on dialysis
- Drink alcohol regularly
- Are breastfeeding.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.