Atacand Side Effects to Report
There are a number of side effects with Atacand
that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting spells
- Decreases in the amount of urine produced.
Rare Side Effects of Atacand
There are other Atacand side effects that can occur. These rare side effects happen in less than 1 percent of people. Given how uncommon they are, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects of Atacand include, but are not limited to:
- Spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Heartburn or indigestion (dyspepsia)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Muscle pain (myalgia)
- Depression (see Atacand and Depression)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis).
Atacand Side Effects: Summary
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Atacand side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects. Also let you healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be an Atacand side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.