Atacand Dosing for High Blood Pressure in ChildrenYour child's healthcare provider will calculate an appropriate Atacand dosage based on your child's weight. In most cases, your pharmacist will need to "compound" a special oral suspension (liquid) using Atacand tablets, since a liquid form of Atacand is not commercially available at this time.
Atacand Dosing for Congestive Heart FailureThe recommended starting Atacand dosage for people with congestive heart failure is Atacand 4 mg once a day. Every couple of weeks, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to a target dose of Atacand 32 mg once a day. If side effects occur, your doctor may recommend a lower dose.
- Your Atacand dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Atacand may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take Atacand at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood.
- For Atacand to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Atacand will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Atacand as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Atacand or your Atacand dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Atacand without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.