Atacand HCT Side Effects
Atacand HCT Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with Atacand HCT that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Changes in vision or eye pain
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Unexplained swelling of the head or neck (including the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting spells
- Decrease in the amount of urine produced
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Weak or irregular heartbeat.
Rare Side Effects of Atacand HCTThere are other Atacand HCT side effects that can occur. These rare side effects happen in less than 1 percent of people. Given how rarely they occur, it can be difficult to tell whether these side effects are caused by the medication or something else.
Some of these rare side effects of Atacand HCT include, but are not limited to:
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Heartburn or indigestion (dyspepsia)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Depression (see Atacand and Depression)
- Serious breakdown of muscle (known medically as rhabdomyolysis).