Amturnide Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Amturnide are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider right away. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an electrolyte imbalance, such as:
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain and cramps
- Decreased urine output
- Weak or irregular heartbeat
- Nausea and vomiting
- Gout or worsening of preexisting gout
- Kidney stones
- Lightheadedness or fainting, which can be a sign of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Chest pain
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Severe swelling and water retention
- Rapid weight gain
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Swelling of the lips, mouth, tongue, or throat (known medically as angioedema)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Amturnide. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.