When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Amturnide include the following:
- Amturnide comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- Try to take your dose consistently, either with or without food, as fatty meals can decrease the absorption of Amturnide. This is not a problem, as long as you take the medicine consistently with regard to food.
- Take Amturnide at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Amturnide your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to Amturnide
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Amturnide Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of AmturnideJust like any medicine, Amturnide may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Amturnide include but are not limited to:
- Swelling or fluid retention
(Click Amturnide Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)