If you have taken too much Amturnide (aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide), seek immediate medical care. Overdosing on this medicine may result in dangerous problems, such as heart palpitations, low blood pressure, or kidney failure. Treatment for an Amturnide overdose may include administering certain medications, pumping the stomach, and providing supportive care.
Can You Take Too Much Amturnide?Amturnide® (aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide) is a prescription high blood pressure medication. It contains a diuretic (hydrochlorothiazide), a calcium channel blocker (amlodipine), and a renin inhibitor (aliskiren). As with most medications, it is possible to take too much Amturnide.
The specific effects of an overdose can be dangerous, but will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Amturnide dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
- Low blood pressure
- A fast heartbeat
- Heart palpitations
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Kidney failure.
Treatment for an Amturnide OverdoseThe treatment for an overdose with Amturnide will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach."
Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. Supportive treatment for a Amturnide overdose may include:
- Medications to increase the heart rate
- Intravenous (IV) fluids and medications to increase blood pressure
- Correction of electrolyte imbalances.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on this medication.