Effects of Aliskiren-HCTZPrevious studies have already demonstrated that the two components of aliskiren-HCTZ can lower blood pressure when used alone. Studies of aliskiren-HCTZ showed that using the two components together was more effective at lowering blood pressure than when either medication was used alone.
When and How to Take Aliskiren-HCTZGeneral considerations for when and how to take aliskiren-HCTZ include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should take aliskiren-HCTZ consistently, either with or without food (fatty meals may decrease the absorption of the drug). In other words, either always take the medication with food or never take it with food.
- Make sure to take aliskiren-HCTZ at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aliskiren-HCTZ will not work if you stop taking it.
- Aliskiren-HCTZ 150/12.5 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
- Aliskiren-HCTZ 150/25 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 25 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
- Aliskiren-HCTZ 300/12.5 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 12.5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
- Aliskiren-HCTZ 300/25 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 24 mg of hydrochlorothiazide.