General Information on Dosing With Aliskiren-HCTZConsiderations for people taking aliskiren-HCTZ include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should take aliskiren-HCTZ consistently, either with or without food (fatty meals may decrease the absorption of the drug). This is not a problem, as long as you take aliskiren-HCTZ consistently with regard to food. In other words, either always take the drug with food or never take it with food.
- Make sure to take aliskiren-HCTZ at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aliskiren-HCTZ will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your aliskiren-HCTZ dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.