(Click Adalat Drug Interactions for more information.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure (CHF)
- An upcoming surgery
- Aortic stenosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Adalat and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Adalat and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Adalat Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Loss of consciousness
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Fluid in the lungs.
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Adalat Overdose for more information.)