Adalat and Dry Mouth
There are several possible side effects of Adalat CC, and dry mouth appears to be one of them. In clinical studies, less than 1 percent of people taking Adalat CC developed a dry mouth. If you are taking Adalat CC and dry mouth becomes a problem, there are some things you can try, such as sipping water or sugarless drinks often, avoiding caffeine and alcohol, and using a humidifier at night.
Adalat and Dry Mouth: An OverviewA dry mouth is one of the possible side effects of Adalat CC® (nifedipine). In studies, less than 1 percent of people taking Adalat CC reported experiencing a dry mouth.
Adalat and Dry Mouth: RecommendationsFor people taking Adalat CC, there are some things that you can do to help with a dry mouth. Some of these suggestions include:
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sipping water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier. It may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoiding drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Avoiding tobacco or alcohol; they dry out the mouth.
- Using a humidifier at night.
- Being aware of spicy or salty foods. These may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chewing sugarless gum or sucking on sugarless, hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon- or mint-flavored candies are good choices.