Accuretic Overdose

An Accuretic overdose can potentially lead to dehydration, extreme low blood pressure, or kidney failure. Seek medical attention immediately if you take too much Accuretic and experience symptoms such as dry mouth, tiredness, or slow or irregular heartbeat. Treatment for an Accuretic overdose may include certain medicines, "pumping the stomach," dialysis, or supportive care.

Accuretic Overdose: An Overview

Accuretic® (quinapril HCL-hydrochlorothiazide) is a medication used for controlling high blood pressure. Although it occurs rarely, a person can overdose on Accuretic just like any other medication. Accuretic overdose effects will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Accuretic was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.
 
If you happen to overdose on Accuretic, seek medical attention immediately.
 

Symptoms and Effects of an Accuretic Overdose

The effects of an Accuretic overdose may include:
 
  • Extremely low blood pressure
  • Electrolyte imbalance (decreased levels of potassium, sodium [salt], or chloride in the blood)
  • Dehydration
  • Kidney failure.
     
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
 
  • Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
  • Decrease in urine output
  • Drowsiness, headache, or back pain
  • Slow or irregular heartbeat
  • Dry mouth
  • Increased thirst
  • Weakness
  • Tiredness
  • Restlessness
  • Seizures
  • Confusion
  • Muscle pain or cramps
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Loss of consciousness.
     
Life After a Stent: 5 Realistic Ways to Take Charge of Your Health

Accuretic Medicine

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.