General Information on Taking AccuprilSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Accupril include the following:
- Your Accupril dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Accupril should be taken on an empty stomach -- at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Make sure to take Accupril at the same time each day to maintain even levels of Accupril in the blood.
- For Accupril to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Accupril will not work if you take in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your Accupril as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Accupril or your Accupril dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Accupril without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.